Dr. Julien Lopez, Orthopedic Surgeon near Mougins
Looking for an orthopedic surgeon near Mougins? Dr. Lopez welcomes you at the private hospital Cannes Oxford in Cannes, only 10 minutes from Mougins!
Choosing Dr Lopez as a Foot Specialist Orthopedist near Mougins
If you are near Mougins, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Lopez through email, phone, or via Doctolib. Specializing in various foot and ankle pathologies, Dr. Lopez provides surgical and non-surgical treatments tailored to your condition.
The initial consultation with Dr. Lopez allows him to understand your medical condition and the potential treatments available. To do this, he focuses on obtaining an accurate diagnosis, analyzing your symptoms, identifying the causes of your discomfort, and conducting a detailed clinical examination of your foot and ankle. This first consultation is crucial for identifying and understanding the condition to determine the most effective treatment.
In many cases, additional tests may be required:
- X-rays can assess the state of your condition, highlighting the structure of your foot and ankle. It provides an overall assessment of the bone framework and the shape of your foot or ankle.
- Certain bone pathologies may require more detailed imaging, such as scans, to analyze the relationship between the bones of the foot and study possible deformations or displacements.
- Soft tissue-related issues may necessitate an ultrasound or an MRI. Ultrasound offers precise examination of tissues, tendons, and ligaments, especially during movement. MRI focuses on swelling and cartilage, providing additional analysis beyond bone structure.
- Specific tests like Arthro-MRI, angiography, electromyography, arthroscopy, and scintigraphy, either alone or in combination with scans, may be requested.
Non-Surgical Treatments: Non-Invasive Solutions
Non-surgical options are always favored to avoid the complications of surgical procedures. When initiated early, some solutions can slow or halt the progression of pain and pathology. Depending on the condition, various therapeutic approaches are possible:
- To alleviate pain, regular corticosteroid injections or infiltrations can be administered. Taking painkillers or anti-inflammatories orally is also an option, following recommended doses.
- Orthopedic solutions exist to improve weight distribution and pressure on the foot and ankle. Tailored to your condition and morphology, prefabricated insoles or custom-made orthotic insoles can provide relief and hinder the worsening of the condition.
- In sports traumatology, physical therapy sessions may be prescribed.
- If these non-surgical solutions are not feasible or have not been sufficient for your recovery, Dr. Lopez will propose surgical options if possible. Among these options, minimally invasive and percutaneous foot surgical techniques are prioritized over conventional open techniques.
Pathologies Treated by Dr.Lopez, Orthopaedic Surgeon near Mougins
Unable to find an orthopedic surgeon in Mougins who treats your condition? Dr. Julien Lopez welcomes you in Cap d'Ail, Nice, or Cannes.
Located in the Alpes Maritimes region, he also offers teleconsultations in case you cannot travel.
Specializing in rearfoot, midfoot, and forefoot pathologies, as well as sports traumatology, Dr. Lopez treats conditions such as dislocations, hallux valgus, bunionettes, or Achilles tendonitis.
Orthopedic Surgery near Mougins, Dr.Lopez’s Specializations
Specializing in orthopedic surgery near Mougins, Dr. Lopez carefully selects the surgical procedure based on your medical condition, age, and overall health. Most often, he performs minimally invasive foot surgeries. Even after years of experience, Dr. Lopez, a foot specialist near Mougins, ensures the ongoing evolution of his techniques and treatments in minimally invasive surgery.
How Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery Works
Minimally invasive foot surgery involves making smaller incisions than conventional surgery, ranging from 2 mm to a maximum of 3 cm. This targeted method typically requires only regional anesthesia, meaning only the surgical area is numbed. An essential consultation assesses the patient's overall health to determine appropriate anesthesia.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally invasive foot surgery, where applicable, is efficient and less taxing. While no procedure is entirely risk-free, it helps limit complications compared to conventional surgery. Scars are small and fade quickly due to their size. Post-surgery discomfort is reduced, and the risks of swelling, edema, and infections are minimized. As a result, the recovery time and rehabilitation process are quicker since minimally invasive surgery is performed on an outpatient basis.
Percutaneous surgery is often better tolerated both physically and psychologically by patients. According to Dr. Lopez, an orthopedic surgeon near Mougins, even children can benefit from minimally invasive surgery to avoid the heaviness of conventional surgery, provided that growth plates are closed. Standard X-rays should be taken before the consultation.